Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So I'm about to turn 29 years old................

It recently hit me that in two weeks from Saturday, I'm going to turn 29 years old. People have been joking around with me that I'm getting old and what not. But truthfully, I don't feel that I'm getting old. I look at it as an opportunity to mature as an adult and apply the lessons that I've learned in my twenties. I can honestly say the past three years have been the best years of my life. I was a late bloomer if you will. I didn't get my drivers license until I was 26. Heck, I didn't know how to ride a bike until I was 25, explain that one to me.

I understand next year I will turn 30, but it is not something I should fear. If anything, it is something for me to embrace. Obviously, your responsibilities change once you get older. But that does not mean you can't stop enjoying yourself. The point of life is to do the things that you enjoy doing. This is one of the important things that will help keep your mind fresh and relaxed. No matter what age I'm, I will always be a kid at heart. The way I see it is if I dwell on the fact I'm getting old, I will be miserable. I won't let that happen because it will lead to unnecessary stress for me. And who needs that right? Look at the guys who are on "Entourage" for instance, they certainly don't let age get in their way of having a goodtime.

So as I approach my 29th birthday, I'm thankful for the experiences that I've had the past ten years. Without them, I wouldn't be the person I'm today. I'm excited about what challenges await me in the next decade or so. By continuing to have the frame of mind I have, I don't see why I can't succeed. My father taught me that no matter what you do, you should never feel sorry for yourself. With that said, I will keep striving to be the best I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment